Total Pageviews

Friday 11 March 2011

The Noisy Ashby By-pass walk

Date:  11th March 2011
Distance:  6.5miles

Another brisk walk today entirely on pavements and unforgiving tarmac - harsh but necessary.  Walking along the by-pass is not the most pastoral and relaxing of experiences but it gets the job done.  I can cover plenty of miles quickly without deviation, mud or stiles.  The pavement pounding strengthens hip and knee joints. I used my ipod today for the first time this season and, as always,the music lifts the spirits and drowns out the hateful sound of fast moving traffic. Florence and the Machine accompanied me along the two miles into Ashby. Led Zeppelin saw me zooming along the first part of the by-pass to Smisby Road and then the batteries went - doh!  There was a moment of pure pleasure today in spite of the lorries, vans and cars.  As The Battle of Evermore played through the head phones I looked up at the beautiful blue sky and white clouds whilst the sun sparkled and shone.  I'd settled into a fine rhythm and a flock of pigeons wheeled and circled over the surrounding fields.  A small moment of joy.

I walked past the water tower at Boundary and then headed down Heath Lane to Blackfordby.  I sat by the medieval spring for a few minutes and watched the world go by whilst I had a drink.  Then  it  was 20 minutes to home.
The view from the by-pass
Smisby from the bypass
Beauty in small things
Blackfordby entertainment
Judy's bin
It's all happening in Blackfordby

No comments:

Post a Comment